Breaking   International office of Zeta Tau Alpha suspends IU chapter's activities | 2 hours ago

Fighting the freshman 15

While freshman year is considered the year in which all students gain 15 pounds, no one at IU has an excuse to let this happen. There are two large fitness facilities found on campus in convenient locations for students to attend to before or after class.

The Student Recreational Sports Center

Where: 1601E. Law Lane

The Student Recreational Sports Center (SRSC) is the main gym on campus. According to the center’s website, the SRSC works to inform and inspire others to lead active and healthy lifestyles. It also strives to be the most competitive and progressive recreational sports program in the country.

The gym serves many different fitness functions and offers a variety of recreational areas, including strength and cardio areas, group exercise, yoga and Pilates studios, seven racquetball/wallyball courts, two squash courts, table tennis and badminton, an indoor track and a pool and diving well.

Wildermuth Intramural Center

Where: 1025 E. Seventh St., across from Indiana Memorial Union

The Wildermuth Intramural Building (WIC) is IU’s first recreational sports facility. This center is located in the School of Public Health. Right in the middle of the campus, this gym is conveniently situated for any students taking classes in the area.

The facility offers many forms of fitness routines and sections such as two strength and cardio areas, group exercise and yoga and Pilates studios, 10 basketball/volleyball courts, a pool and diving well, indoor track, two multipurpose gyms dance studios, nine racquetball/wallyball courts, squash courts and table tennis and badminton.

Club sports

IU has a wealth of club sport organizations you can join. For more information, visit iurecsports.org/clubsports.

More

Tackling textbooks

After your bursar bill is paid and you’re settled into your dorm with furniture and snacks, there’s still one expense left: textbooks. Textbooks seem to get pricier every year and always come at an unexpected cost to many students.

Talking campus safety

It’s important that you feel safe and are safe during your time here at IU. The IU Police Department operates on campus with a fleet of 13 vehicles and 40 full-time officers plus around 60 part-time officers and cadets. It’s also important to remember that you have many resources at IU that work together to keep you safe.