Tuesday, March 19

Police still searching for suspects in Tuesday bank robbery

As of Wednesday afternoon, a pair of armed men believed to have robbed the People’s State Bank are still at large after fleeing from the bank on foot Tuesday evening, according to Capt. Joe Qualters.

Bloomington Police Department officers were dispatched to The People’s State Bank at 525 S. Clarizz Boulevard around 5 p.m. regarding an armed robbery in progress, according to a press release from ?Qualters.

Several BPD officers established a perimeter and they were assisted by the Indiana State Police K-9 unit, the Indiana University Police Department and the Monroe County ?Sheriff’s Office.

BPD detectives at the scene were told that two black males entered the bank and displayed a handgun while demanding money, according to the release.

One man jumped over the ?counter and took an undisclosed amount of money from the cash drawers. There were no customers in the bank at the time of the reported robbery and no injuries were reported.

The men reportedly fled north on foot along Clarizz Boulevard before turning east toward the wooded area between Clarizz Boulevard and Pleasant Ridge Road.

The suspects were described to the BPD as men in their late-20s to mid-30s wearing hats, sunglasses and long, black wigs. ?