?Tech firm to hire 30

Citing rapidly growing demand, Virginia-based software security firm Cigital announced today it will hire 30 additional employees in its Bloomington office, according to a Tuesday press release.

“Organizations continue to place more emphasis on software security and are increasingly turning to Cigital to provide them the services they require,” said Cigital Vice President of Operations Brian Mizelle in a statement.

The new hires will double the office’s current staff of 30, consisting of associate consultants and associate security consultants, according to the release.

The company first came to Bloomington in 2012 and expanded into a new space in 2014, according to the ?release.

For more information on the available positions, potential applicants can go to www.careers-cigital.icims.com.

Cigital, headquartered outside of Washington, D.C., is a software security company with a global footprint. It provides services and software to help organizations launch and maintain software security programs and offers security testing and consulting, according to the company’s website.

The company was founded in 1992 with funding from DARPA and NASA to develop software security. Cigital created the first ever commercial static analysis tool, an important software security program, according to the company’s website.

In addition to its offices in North America, Cigital maintains a presence in Europe and Asia, according to the company’s website.

“The Bloomington office is front and center in delivering these services, creating an exciting environment where information security professionals can apply and develop their skills in a high-demand, high-growth area,” Mizelle said.