?Glenn Close delivers sold-out lecture

Glenn Close will speak on Monday at IU Cinema as part of the Jorgensen Guest Filmmaker Lecture Series.

Six-time Academy Award-nominated actress Glenn Close delivered a sold-out lecture Monday at IU Cinema as part of the Jorgensen Guest Filmmaker Lecture Series.

Jennifer Maher and Brenda Weber, gender studies professors at IU, interviewed Close about her roles in several films from throughout the span of her career.

In the evening following Close’s lecture, the actress and Bernice Pescosolido, the director of the Indiana Consortium for Mental Health Services Research, introduced a special, sold-out screening of the 1987 film “Fatal Attraction.” The film’s showing was part of the IU Cinema film series “Mental Illness in ?American Film.”

Close’s appearances at IU are as an ambassador of Bring Change 2 Mind, a campaign founded by the actress against stigmas attached to mental ?illness.

While on campus, Close and Pamela Harrington, the executive director of Bring Change 2 Mind, will judge proposals by IU students for the U Bring Change 2 Mind College Toolbox Project.

Students participating in the project developed public awareness campaigns designed against the stigma of mental illness.

Teams began presenting their proposals Monday and will continue until Wednesday. Later that day the winners will be announced. Winning teams are eligible for $1,000 prizes, and four members of the winning team for the full campaign proposal will attend the third annual Bring Change 2 Mind Gala in New York.