Ferrell to announce decision April 25

Junior guard Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell walks off the court after losing to Michigan State, 74-72, on Saturday at Assembly Hall. Ferrell missed a crucial free-throw to tie the game in the final seconds of the game.

Yogi Ferrell will make his decision of whether to turn professional or return to IU for his senior season on April 25.

Ferrell will make his announcement at 7:30 p.m. in Indianapolis, Zach Osterman of the Indianapolis Star first reported.

Ferrell’s mother later confirmed it on Twitter.

As a junior, Ferrell averaged 16.3 points, 4.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game.

His output was good enough to finish sixth in the Big Ten in scoring.

He also finished fourth in the conference in assists.

His streak of consecutive games with a made ?3-pointer stands at 65.

He’s already been climbing up the list as one of IU’s all-time greats.

He’s among IU’s all-time leaders in points, assists, starts and appearances already and would only continue to climb up the ranks if he returns for a ?senior season.

Ferrell’s decision to turn professional or not will come just one day before the NBA early entry ?deadline.

Making the decision publicly doesn’t necessarily mean he is leaning ?either way.

In 2012, both Cody Zeller and Christian Watford formally announced they would pass on the NBA Draft to remain in college for another year.

IU’s roster still needs to change before the start of next season.

As it stands, the Hoosiers are oversigned by one player for the 2015-16 season after McDonald’s All-American Thomas Bryant committed to IU on April 4.

Bryant’s commitment could be a double-edged sword in determining if Ferrell will return.

On one hand, it pushed IU’s roster over the limit. On the other, Ferrell said after the NCAA Tournament that he was pushing for IU to land a big man for his ?senior year.

Regardless, Ferrell’s ?decision is coming.

The Hoosiers will find out either way in less than two weeks.