Events for this week

Before the bike race and commencement, before the dorm room, apartment or house gets packed up and before summer kicks in, take a walk down to a local art gallery, take in a comedy show or listen to ?a band.

Enjoy the last few weeks in Bloomington with all the local flair the arts scene has to offer.

NOTUS: Contemporary Vocal Ensemble

8 p.m. Tuesday, Jacobs School of Music.

Admission: free

The IU Jacobs School of Music will host NOTUS: Contemporary Vocal Ensemble at 8 p.m. Tuesday. The choir focuses on music of the past 50 years and is led by Dominick DiOrio, an assistant professor of choral conducting.

Big Sean

8 p.m. Tuesday, IU Auditorium

Admission: Students: $45-75, General: $55-80

Big Sean is headlining the Little 500 concert Tuesday, sponsored by Union Board. YG, Luke Christopher and Justine Skye will also perform. Big Sean has 3.9 million Twitter followers, so he’s kind of a big deal.

“Into the Woods”

7:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, Ruth N. Halls Theatre

Admission: Students: $14, Adult: $25, Senior: $20

The musical might not have Anna Kendrick or Chris Pine, but it still has plenty of princes and princesses, a witch, and, of course, a cow. The musical will run all week from Tuesday to Saturday.

Ballet at the BCT: The Choreography Project

7:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Buskirk-Chumley Theater

Admission: free

Dancers at the IU Jacobs School of Music Ballet Department will present original works at the “Ballet at the BCT: The Choreography Project.” The event is directed by Michael Vernon, the ballet department chair.

Philharmonic Orchestra

8 p.m. Wednesday, Musical Arts Center

Admission: free

The Philharmonic Orchestra will perform at the Jacobs School of Music on Wednesday. The repertoire will include “Violin Concerto in D Minor, Op. 47” and “Interstellar Arias.” The orchestra will be led by Maestro Paul Nadler.

Rod Tuffcurls and The Benchpress

9 p.m. Thursday, The Bluebird Nightclub

Admission: $8

Tuffcurls is back at the Bluebird on Thursday. The cover band hails from Chicago and began in 2008. They sing everything from Madonna to the Beatles to Miley Cyrus.

Springfest

8 p.m. Thursday, Musical Arts Center

Admission: free

The Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Concert Band will be having Springfest on Thursday. Stephen W. Pratt, Eric M. Smedley and David C. Woodley will conduct ?the show.

Kevin Snipes

5 p.m. Friday, School of Fine Arts

Admission: free

Kevin Snipes will speak Friday as part of the McKinney Visiting Artist Series. Snipes grew up in Ohio and has a BFA from the Cleveland Institute of Art and MFA from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla.