Amber Alert possibly linked to narcotics; FBI investigation continues

Indianapolis teens Aaron and Emma Blackwell are home safe after being abducted from their home at gunpoint early Monday morning.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officers were dispatched to 1215 Lasalle St. at approximately 3:30 a.m Monday morning. When police arrived, the caller told the police that the children were abducted by three black men possibly driving a black Cadillac Escalade or a black Dodge Charger, according to an IMPD press release.

A statewide Amber Alert was placed on Monday after the abduction to find the siblings, aged 16 and 13. The children were believed to be in extreme danger.

Aaron, 16, was found in Michigan on Monday evening, according to Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.

Early Tuesday morning, Emma was returned home safely and unharmed, according to a press release by Indianapolis police.

Since the abductors crossed state lines, the case was then handed over to the FBI, which is currently in charge of the investigation.

As of Tuesday afternoon, both Aaron and Emma are in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Investigators, including IMPD's Missing Person Unit, are working on leads in both Indianapolis and Detroit.

At this time, the children's mother is cooperating with the investigation, according to the release. 

Detectives believe that the abduction was related to narcotics and that the siblings were “specifically targeted,” according to the press release.

“We realize that this is a critical and very emotional incident for (the siblings),” IMPD Lt. Richard Riddle said. "We are excited that both the children have returned home safe and unharmed." 

Anyone with pertinent information can call 317-262-TIPS.

Ike Hajinazarian