?Culture Shock lineup announced

WIUX, IU’s student radio station, announced the top three acts in this year’s Culture Shock music festival Monday morning.

Foxygen, Twin Peaks and TOPS will join the ranks of Mac DeMarco, The War on Drugs and Maps & Atlases in WIUX’s biggest on-campus event, according to a WIUX press release.

Los Angeles duo Foxygen released their latest album “... And Star Power” in October 2014. According to jagjaguwar.com, the album “is a morphing, splice-and-paste journey through soft rock indulgences, psych-ward folk, cartoon fantasia, D&D doomrock and paranoid bathroom rompers.”

Since the album’s release, the band has toured as a nine-piece group and recently appeared on the “Late Show with David Letterman.”

Twin Peaks, a Chicago band who play “rok’n rol/heavy pop” according to its Facebook page, released their second album in August 2014.

Montreal four-piece group TOPS delivers “a raw punk take on AM studio pop,” according to the Arbutus Records website. Their self-written, recorded and produced album “Picture You Staring” was released September 2014 and “contains 12 impeccable examples of pop craftsmanship that will reward repeat listeners,” according to the website.

Culture Shock aims to support local and regional music, according to the release. Local acts Vista Kid Cruiser, Dietrich Jon, Thee Tsunamis and Mike Adams At His Honest Weight will perform this year. Indianapolis rappers Oreo Jones and Sirius Blvck are also on the lineup.