Abducted Indianapolis teens returned unharmed

Indianapolis teens Aaron and Emma Blackwell are home safe after being abducted from their home at gunpoint early Monday morning.

IMPD officers were dispatched at about 3:30 a.m. Monday to 1215 N. Lasalle St. When police arrived, the caller told the police her children were abducted by three ?black men.

The men were reportedly possibly driving a black Cadillac Escalade and a black Dodge Charger.

A statewide Amber Alert was put into effect Monday afternoon to find the siblings, aged 16 and 13. The children were ?believed to be in extreme danger.

IMPD officer Rafael Diaz said the family was cooperative throughout the investigation.

Officer Diaz said that investigators received credible information from the mother and others that led them to believe that Michigan could be a potential destination for the abductors.

Aaron, 16, was found in Michigan on Monday evening, according to Michigan State Police Lt. ?Michael Shaw.

Because the abductors crossed state lines, the case was then handed over to the FBI, which is currently in charge of the investigation.

Early Tuesday morning, Emma, 13, was returned home unharmed, according to a press release by Indianapolis police. IMPD got word of a Facebook post regarding Emma’s return home and they were able to confirm it.

The Amber Alert was canceled at 2 a.m. Tuesday.

As of Tuesday afternoon, both Aaron and Emma were in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Investigators are working on following up on leads in both Indianapolis and Detroit.

Detectives believe the abduction was narcotics-related and that the siblings were specifically targeted, according to an IMPD press release.

“We realize that this is a critical and a very emotional incident for (the siblings),” IMPD Lt. Richard Riddle said.

He said the IMPD was excited both the children returned home safe and unharmed.

No suspect names were released by IMPD as of Tuesday night, but Officer Diaz could confirm several individuals are in custody after a high-speed chase.

Investigators have spoken to both Aaron and Emma Blackwell, but the details from those interviews have not been released.

Stanley Pernell was arrested by IMPD on Monday for a traffic violation. He was also thought to have had a connection to a burglary. He escaped the sheriff van in which he was being held, but police apprehended him after an hourlong foot chase.

On Monday, he referred to Whitney Blackwell as his sister. Whitney, sibling of Emma and Aaron, was also arrested Monday in Indianapolis on an unrelated ?warrant from the traffic court.

Details from this case — suspect names, motive and more — are likely to be slow in release due to the higher-than-normal number of agencies working on it, including IMPD, Indiana State Police, law ?agencies in Michigan and the FBI.

Anyone with pertinent information can call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-TIPS ?to offer assistance in ?the case.