Maurer offers new scholarships

The IU Maurer School of Law announced it will offer at least six law school-admitted graduates 50 percent off annual tuition.

Maurer has started a new scholarship and mentoring program with the Jacobs School of Music; the School of Public and Environmental Affairs; and the Office of the Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs, which makes the ?tuition scholarship possible.

The music school, SPEA and OVPDEMA will nominate two students or alumni to be admitted into the law school.

If those nominated meet the law school’s admission standards, they will also be given 50 percent off tuition and access to a formal mentoring program, according to an IU press release.

In addition, students from Hudson and Holland Scholars, Groups Scholars and 21st Century Scholars may also be nominated.

Through the course of their law school careers, recipients will save anywhere from $45,000 to $75,000 depending on factors such as student residency, the press release said.

“One of the great benefits of IU-Bloomington is the access it offers to the best and brightest undergraduate students from IU’s other schools and programs,” Austen Parrish, dean of the law school, said in a press release. “We are honored to be joining forces with the country’s top music and public policy schools and with the wide variety of programs that showcase the University’s commitment to diversity.”