The Fuller Project calls for Spring 2015 submissions

The Fuller Project is calling for submissions for its upcoming Spring 2015 show.

The Fuller Project is an exhibition venue. It is meant to provide local and touring contemporary artists an opportunity to create and present new work that may be outside of their normal area of experience.

The venue allows artists to experiment with concepts, materials and audience interaction to widen their scope as artists.

The project was established in 2002 by the IU School of Fine Arts and is located in the McCalla Sculpture building.

The Fuller Project encourages dialogue on art within the University, Bloomington and the contemporary art field.

Submissions are due by midnight Dec. 1.

Artists who are interested in exhibiting must submit a proposal statement, which should include the concept and theme of their art installation, as well as installation details and the number of pieces they plan to display.

A plan drawing, composite or photograph to explain the installation should be used in the submission.

Submissions should include five to 10 images of work as actual photographs, works in progress, drawings or plans for the space.

Artists must also send an artist statement and a one-page resume.

Completed submissions can be sent to the ? fullerproject@gmail.com , with a heading “Name-Semester/Year-Submission.”

“Preference will be given to proposals that are serious, detailed, realistic and exhibit an experimental or unconventional concept or use of materials or techniques,” according to the Fuller Project website.