IU Auditorium names new assistant director of development

IU Auditorium named a new assistant director of development Tuesday.

Sonya Robinson will take over the position, effective Dec. 1.

Robinson comes to IU with more than 14 years of fundraising experience in arts and cultural organizations in both higher education and the private sector, according to an IU Auditorium news release.

“Ms. Robinson is going to be an incredible asset to IU Auditorium, and we could not be more pleased to welcome her to our team,” IU Auditorium Director Doug Booher said in the release. “Sonya possesses a passion for the arts, an impressive knowledge of the fundraising world and a knack for building lasting organizational relationships. We look forward to a time of continued growth and vitality during ?her tenure.”

Robinson was formerly the director of institutional giving and grant relations at the Indiana Historical Society in Indianapolis. At the historical society, she oversaw many philanthropic and grant-making activities.

“Philanthropy is an essential element in achieving the Auditorium’s goals,” Robinson said in the release. “IU Auditorium is a premier venue on a world-class campus, and I am honored to both join and lead the development team in achieving new levels of fundraising success.”

Robinson is originally from Texas and received a bachelor’s degree in English literature from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.

She also has a certificate in nonprofit management from Duke University.