?The top 10 reasons fall Is the season for fashion

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

Yes indeed, the season for jumping into leaves, carving pumpkins and excessively posting photos of campus on social media is upon us.

If I had a dollar for every time someone posted online about how excited they were for “sweater weather” last week, I’d be rolling in piles of it.

Not that I can blame them.

In addition to all of the other perks that come with autumn, what I get most excited for is fall fashion.

In other words, the best kind of fashion.

Why, you may ask?

It’s really quite simple.

Layers

The No. 1 part of fall fashion is all of the possibilities it holds.

Layering is at the top of the fall fashion pyramid and will be your key to comfortable success.

As the temperature drops, it is perfect for layering accessories, coats and tights, among other things, but it is still warm enough that you don’t feel as bogged down by your clothing as you might in the winter.

Boots

Riding, rain, cowboy, combat and yes, even Uggs.

I already cheated and began wearing my combats toward the end of summer.

Now that it’s seasonally acceptable, every boot in my wardrobe will be making an appearance over the course of the next few weeks, as I’m sure many of yours will.

Sweaters

Who can resist a cozy, slightly oversized sweater? Referring back to the first perk, these are ideal for ?layering.

Check out some of Bloomington’s vintage and thrift shops for some interesting patterns.

Scarves

Wrap them, tie them and tuck them.

Grab a few for an extra pop of color or stow one away in your bag for the cool morning and evening weather.

Jeans

Fall’s most classic, coveted item. Find the fit that works best for your body type and wear those babies all season long and into the next.

Trench coats

It’s just cold enough to wear your favorite long coat without having to trek through the polar vortex of frigid winter wind.

Blazers

The key to instant polish, the blazer can dress you up for class or for your next interview.

Branch out from your basic black or navy and try an exotic runway-inspired print instead.

Leggings/joggers

You knew it was coming.

You know them, you love them and you have got to have them in your life.

I like to call them “the cheater’s sweatpants.” Leggings or a nice pair of joggers are ideal for those days when you wake up late and need to throw something together quickly.

Earthy tones Quite possibly the greatest colors you can invest in, earthy tones go well with most everything.

They are brown, army green, cream and tan, not to mention the effortless beauty and coolness that they exude.