Columnist gets creative with ramen recipes

We all know ramen noodles are a college student’s best friend, but having the same meal again and again can get boring. So, I’m here to mix it up with six creative ramen recipes.

Go grab your noodles, and let’s get creative.

Keep the flavor packet on the side because they’re optional with most of these delicious dishes.

1. Thai noodle bowl

The Thai noodle bowl is a wonderfully ethnic twist on ramen noodles.

Add veggies, peanuts, soy sauce and a little chicken or beef to the ramen if that’s what you’re into.

This is basically a pseudo-pad thai but with ramen. It’s super easy to cook, and it doesn’t require a ton of different ingredients.

2. Ramen macaroni and cheese

This is a classic, and slurpy, twist on the normal ramen recipes. All you need is Velveeta, a little milk and your pack of noodles.

You can also twist this up by making your ramen and then drizzling melted cheese on top of the noodles before you eat them.

3. Shrimp Alfredo ramen

This fun and fancy ramen conversion is as easy as your pack of noodles and two additional ingredients.

Buy some baby shrimp at the grocery store, defrost them, and then add them to some alfredo sauce for a yummy noodle topping.

Add them to your bowl of plain ramen, and you’re ready to go.

4. Fried egg noodle bowl

Mix it up with some fried egg and a little sriracha.

Mix your noodles with a little garlic salt and soy sauce, and then top it off with a fried egg and a little drizzle of ?sriracha.

This bowl is definitely for the bold taste testers because it has a kick.

5. Ramen garden salad

This recipe is different from the rest because it actually integrates the uncooked ramen noodles into the recipe.

Chop up some lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and avocados, and add in some uncooked ramen for an unexpectedly delicious crunch.

Ramen basically substitutes croutons in this salad bowl, adding a healthy way to eat ramen and it tastes divine.

6. Spinach and tomato ramen

Grab a can of leafy spinach and a can of diced tomatoes and mix them up with a little bit of garlic and lemon juice.

Then pour it on top of some cooked Ramen noodles for a healthier and delicious alternative to the classic ramen recipe.