Tuesday, March 19

Gallery Walk will feature new work by local artists

New galleries in renewed spaces will be open to the public as part of the Gallery Walk Aug. 1. The galleries exhibited are part of the Bloomington Entertainment and Arts District.

The Bloomington Monroe County Convention Center is the newest addition to the gallery walk, according to a press release.

The Blueline Gallery will be opening in its new space located on 212 W. Fourth St.

According to a press release from Blueline Media Productions, the space will offer a larger gallery, expanded working areas, an artisan boutique and a full photography studio.

August’s gallery walk will continue to feature the Red Dot Campaign, which is a continued effort from June, Gabriel Colman of Venue Fine Arts and Gifts said.

The campaign promotes appreciating local art and showcases bought art by putting a red dot on it. The red dot has been a part of American gallery tradition, signifying when a piece of artwork has been purchased. Sold art remains on exhibit, even after it has been bought.

Many of the galleries will have opening receptions for guests as they peruse new art in Bloomington.

Listed here are some of the exhibits that can be viewed in this month's gallery walk:

Bloomington Monroe County Convention Center Art Gallery

“New Work: Found Object Assemblage” by Brad Fudgate will be open through Sept. 22.

Blueline Gallery

New exhibit features work designed and printed by Jarod Isenbarger, a local printmaker and artist. According to the press release, the show is about transformation, focusing on the practice of printmaking. The exhibit will be open until Sept. 26.

By Hand Gallery

“Color Forms of our Universe” by Martha Kaplan includes 32 pieces of contemporary art, which form three different series, “New Kachinas,” “Large Lace Paperworks” and “Pastels.”

Gallery Group

“Beauty Catching Birds” by printmaker Jim Sampson and “Two Friends are Back” by Sampson and painter Sammye Dina Smith are currently on exhibit. The show will run through Sept. 26.

Gallery 406

“Reformed” by photographer Kendall Reeves will run through Sept. 26.

Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center

The Waldron Arts Center is featuring a variety of artists and exhibits including “Spaces Between” by Lisa Wicka, “Celebrating the Sacred in Stone” by James Lax and “Playful Minds, Devious Hands” by Joshua McNolty and Benjamin Timpson.

Pictura

“Geolocation” by Nate Larson and Marni Shindelman has been open since June 6 and will run through Aug. 30.

Royale Hair Salon

The salon is celebrating its second anniversary this August and will feature an exhibit showcasing photographs from various photo shoots.

The Venue Fine Arts and Gifts

“Hip to be Square” by Monique Cagle features work by the Brown County artist focusing on surrounding landscapes of Southern Indiana, Yellow Wood Lake and old farm buildings.

For more information on the Gallery Walk, visit gallerywalkbloomington.com.

Anu Kumar