The 'Girls' are back in town

Girls

Now entering its third season, HBO’s award-winning show “Girls” has become the voice of a generation by offering millenial wisdom and narcissism in heaping amounts. Before you jump back into the 20-something trials and tribulations of Hannah, Marnie, Jessa, Shoshanna and Adam, Weekend has compiled the series’ most relatable quotes and one-liners from every season.

HANNAH HORVATH

"I don't even want a boyfriend. I just want someone who wants to hang out all the time, and thinks I'm the best person in the world, and wants to have sex with only me."

"I'm an individual and I feel how I feel when I feel it."

"It's really liberating to say no to shit you hate."

MARNIE MICHAELS

“Sometimes being stuck in my own head is so exhausting it makes me want to cry.”

“I want to see you every morning, and I want to make you a snack every night, and, eventually, I want have your little brown babies, and I want to watch you die.”

“I am OK. I may not seem OK and I might not be OK now, but I’m like, OK.”

JESSA JOHANSSON

“I don’t like women telling other women what to do, or how to do it or when to do it.”

“I tell people you were a test tube baby just to give you a little edge.”

“I figured my shit out when I was 5 years old. Heroin is really fun, but it can also kill you.”

SHOSHANNA SHAPIRO

“I may be deflowered but I’m not devalued.”

“I can’t be surrounded by negativity while I’m trying to grow into a fully formed woman.’

“My life is a mess, and I know that was a personal choice, but I feel like maybe it’s time to un-choose that choice.”

ADAM SACKLER

“Holding onto toxic relationships is what keeps us from growing.”

“When you love someone you don’t have to be nice all the time.”

“I don’t hate your friends, I’m just not interested in anything they have to say.”