arts iu auditorium

Barenaked Ladies to perform at Auditorium

Tuesday night, the IU Auditorium gets naked.

The Barenaked Ladies, famous for hit songs like “One Week,” “Pinch Me” and “If I Had $1,000,000,” is playing at 8 p.m. at the IU Auditorium with opener Whitehorse.

The Canadian band is slated to play its past hits as well as new music from its new album, “Grinning Streak,” which debuted in June.

Tickets for the show start at $25 for students and $35 for the general public. Tickets can be purchased starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday and until the time of the show at the IU Auditorium Box Office or at iuauditorium.com.

Members of the Barenaked Ladies include Ed Robertson on guitar and vocals; Jim Creeggan on bass as well as vocals; Kevin Hearn on keyboard, guitar and vocals; and Tyler Stewart on drums and vocals.

Maria Talbert, associate director of the IU Auditorium, said this is an exciting time to see the Barenaked Ladies.

“First, the Barenaked Ladies is celebrating a new album and their 25th anniversary,” Talbert said. “They just came off of a great summer tour, and this fall is a great opportunity to bring them to Bloomington and the Auditorium, a venue they have never played.

“Most importantly, though, the show is simply going to be a lot of fun for our campus and Bloomington community.”

— Janica Kaneshiro