arts performances

Luminox to play at Bluebird

CAROUSELentLuminox

Bluebird Nightclub will be filled with all of the base and dancing that comes with trap music Thursday night.

Luminox is headlining with opening acts the Dub Knight, Shy Guy Says and Nick Samero starting at 9 p.m., but doors open at 8 p.m.

Tickets go on presale today in front of Ballantine Hall from 12 to 5 p.m. for $5, and the price will go up at the door to $10.

Their collective performance is called the Traparty, said Jake Marsh, who is the Bloomington representative for the promotion company Keepin’ it Deep, which is putting on the show. He also DJs as the Dub Knight.

Keepin’ it Deep is the largest electronic dance music promotions company in Indianapolis.

“People can expect loud music, lots of base and a hip-hop electric blend,” Marsh said. “We expect at least 300 people and a lot of people dancing and drinking.”

Marketing strategist at the Bluebird, Jen Samson, said she expects this concert to be a popular one.

“I think this will be big,” Samson said. “I know these DJs pack the house here in Bloomington and in Indy. It’s dance music, so it will be high-energy.”

Luminox himself is a trap musician who gained popularity at the beginning of 2012 and has since performed all around the country at various EDM festivals.

Some of those festivals include the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas and Tomorrowland in Atlanta.

Marsh said the lineup also includes a variety of interesting performances including Shy Guy Says, who dresses up like a Super Mario Bros. character each time he DJs. All of the musicians are EDM performers.

Follow local music reporter Janica Kaneshiro on Twitter @janicakaneshiro.