arts performances

Eldredge to play at Bluebird today

Country artist Brett Eldredge will perform 8 p.m. Thursday at the Bluebird Nightclub. 

Tickets are available in advance online for $12 or at the door for $15.

Eldredge has been performing since he was 15 years old and grew up listening to singers like Ray Charles, Ronnie Dunn.

“I always gravitated towards big voices because as a kid I had this big voice coming out of me,” Eldredge said on his website.

After college, the Illinois native moved to Nashville, Tenn., where he began writing his own songs and also writing with fellow country artist “Whispering” Bill Anderson.

In 2010, Eldredge released his first single, “Raymond,” a song inspired by his grandmother, who has Alzheimer’s disease.

Eldredge’s latest single, “Don’t Ya,” hit No. 1 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart during the week of Aug. 24. His debut album, “Bring You Back,” was released Aug. 6.

During the week of the album release, Eldredge appeared on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” and “Today.”

“I feel better about my music now than I ever have felt, and I can’t wait for people to hear it,” Eldredge said on his website.

Eldredge said on his site he loves being on stage and engaging every member of the crowd.

“Everything it takes to get to wherever I’m going to play — every airplane and car I ride in — is so worth it once I’m able to get up on that stage,” he said. “I want everybody in the crowd to feel the energy that I’m feeling from them.”

Eldredge is touring through January 2014 and will officially begin his Bring You Back Fall 2013 Tour Oct. 3 in Oxford, Ohio.

Jen Samson, a marketing and promotions specialist at the Bluebird, said people can expect a great show from Eldredge.

“He’s got a lot of energy,” Samson said. “If you like country music, it’ll be a great time.”

Follow reporter Alyssa Schor on Twitter @SchorAlyssa.