Chrome Pony to play in Bloomington

The self-proclaimed “rock ‘n’ rollers” Chrome Pony will take the stage 8 p.m. Tuesday at Rachael’s Cafe as part of its six-day mini-tour. Tickets can be purchased at the door.

The Nashville-based band is led by two brothers, Tyler and Kyle Davis, and has three additional musicians. The all-male group made its debut in 2011 with its first album, “Illegal Smiles,” and has since released one other, “Lazy Bones,” in March 2013. 

Ranch Ghost, another Nashville-based band that performed at Bonnaroo this year, will open for Chrome Pony. The five-man band describes its genre on its Facebook page as “foreground music.”

The two bands started their six-day mini-tour on Aug. 17, and are stopping in Bloomington after passing through Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois. The bands didn’t originally plan to perform in Bloomington according to the original announcement, but on Aug. 12, Chrome Pony announced the show on its Facebook page.

Chome Pony performed at the Root Cellar in June 2013, so it’s not the band’s first time in Bloomington.

Rachael’s Cafe is located at 300 E. Third Street. It’s an all-ages venue that serves alcohol, coffee and food. All refreshments will be available for purchase during the show.

Although Rachael’s normally closes at 9 p.m. Tuesday, it will stay open until the end of Chrome Pony’s set. The concert is expected to conclude around 11 p.m.

To listen to Chrome Pony or Ranch Ghost’s music, find them on Spotify or visit their respective Bandcamp pages, chromeponynashville.bandcamp.com and ranchghostcoasttocoast.bandcamp.com.

For more concert information, visit rachaelscafe.com.