arts iu auditorium

Barenaked Ladies to visit Bloomington

Canadian rock quartet Barenaked Ladies, is scheduled to perform with Whitehorse at 8 p.m. on Oct. 22, the IU Auditorium announced Monday.

Presale tickets can be purchased at iuauditorium.com. beginning at 10 a.m. today. Tickets for the general public go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday.

Since their formation in 1988, the Barenaked Ladies have sold more than 14 million albums and have been nominated for two Grammy Awards. They are best known for their singles “One Week,” “Brian Wilson,” “Pinch Me” and “If I Had $1,000,000,” among others.

They also composed the theme song of the popular CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.

The Barenaked Ladies’ performance at IU follows the June release of their latest album, “Grinning Streak,” and their recently-wrapped 2013 Last Summer On Earth Tour with Ben Folds Five and Guster, which saw them perform nearly 30 shows across North America.

“They just came off of a great summer tour and this fall is a great opportunity to bring them to Bloomington and the Auditorium — a venue they have never played,” said Maria Talbert, IU Auditorium associate director. “Most importantly, though, the show is simply going to be a lot of fun not only for our community members who grew up listening to their music, but also for students who may not be quite as familiar with their music but who are looking for a great night out with friends and other music fans.”

— Rachel Osman