administration

Massey named associate vice president for university academic planning and policy

Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs John Applegate recently announced Anne Massey has been named associate vice president for university academic planning and policy at IU, according to a press release.

Her appointment will take effect Sept. 1.

“Professor Massey is an experienced academic leader who will bring great skill and imagination to her new responsibilities in the Office of the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs,” Applegate said in the release. “I look forward to working with her as we continue the momentum started by Barb Bichelmeyer.”

Massey will assume the role previously occupied by Bichelmeyer, who was recently appointed interim chancellor of IU Southeast, effective July 1, according to the release. Massey’s appointment is currently set for one year, but can be renewed by the recently renamed Office of the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs.

Massey, Dean’s Research Professor of information systems at IU’s Kelley School of Business, serves as chair of Kelley’s Doctoral Programs, according to the release. Her service as the associate vice provost for faculty and academic affairs was recently completed.

“I am delighted to work with Executive Vice President Applegate, colleagues and staff at Indiana University on issues of critical importance,” Massey said in the release. “I feel privileged to be involved with university-wide programs and projects that enhance a culture of excellence relative to discovery, learning and engagement.”

Massey received her doctorate from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in decision sciences and engineering systems and her research interests hone in on technology-based service innovation, computer-supported collaborative work, e-health and IT implementation, according to the release.

She has had multiple articles published in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Decision Sciences, the Journal of Management Information Systems and many others, according to the release.

Massey has received the IU Board of Trustees’ Distinguished Teaching Award, Kelley’s MBA Distinguished Faculty Teaching Excellence Award and was recognized as an Outstanding MBA Faculty Member by Bloomberg Businessweek, according to the release. 

– Makenzie Holland