crime & courts

Man arrested for rolling meth lab

After tracking down a man wanted on warrant from Vigo County, an ensuing on-foot chase resulted in the man's arrest on a myriad of charges, including operating a rolling meth lab, Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Lucas Tate said.

Just after midnight Sunday, police were called to the intersection of 3rd Street and Kimble Drive. Nathan Goff was changing a tire at the scene on a red Jeep Wrangler with no doors.

He gave two false names to the police and acted suspicious, leading police to ask him to stop changing the tire. He complied originally, then reached for the tire iron again. Police told him to put his hands behind his back, at which point he took off running.

Police pursued for several blocks before Goff tripped. Police tackled him before he could stand up, and a fight ensued before Goff was eventually subdued.

Police found several bags of methamphetamine on Goff's person and more in the vehicle, along with equipment for the production of more, enough for it to be considered a rolling meth lab. The original warrant was for similar crimes in Vigo County.

The vehicle was determined to be stolen from Vigo County. Two stolen handguns were also in the Jeep.

Goff was arrested and charged with a number of charges stemming from both the original warrant and the encounter with police Sunday morning. His bale was set at $110,000.

- Max McCombs