crime & courts

Three suspects reportedly batter 19-year-old victim

Bloomington Police Department officers responded to a reported battery around 9:40 p.m. June 5 on the 2300 block of South Worthington Lane, BPD Sgt. Joe Crider said.

After stepping off of a bus, a 19-year-old male victim was walking around the reported area when a 16-year-old male, who the victim said was an acquaintance, and two other unknown males reportedly began battering him.

The known suspect also confronted the victim about the victim’s ex-girlfriend. The ex-girlfriend allegedly said the victim was speaking poorly about the known male
suspect.

The male who the victim knew at the time of the reported battery initially confronted the suspect, asking if he had any money.

When the victim said he did not, one of the other male subjects reportedly held the victim while another subject searched the victim’s pockets. The victim’s cigarettes and an undisclosed amount of cash were taken.

Due to the victim’s physical state, he was transported to IU Health. He reported being punched several times in the face, damaging his glasses and causing a possible concussion. There were also abrasions on his left arm and chest.

Police located a nearby witness who saw the suspects battering the victim and then fleeing on foot.

A detective has been assigned to the case. None of the suspects have been
located.

Jaclyn Lansbery