crime & courts

Woman found deceased Friday evening

A white 55-year-old female was found deceased on an apartment bedroom floor sometime after 11 p.m. Friday.

Two family members – the woman’s daughter and son-in-law – found her dead on the 2600 block of N. Walnut St. and subsequently called the police. The room was ransacked.

The same night sometime after 6 p.m., the victim’s daughter called her mother at the apartment unit. The victim’s roommate, Richard Wisniewski, 48, answered the phone and told the daughter her mother didn’t feel well and that she’d call her back.

When her mother did not return her call, the daughter later made repeated calls to the same apartment.

When no one picked up, the daughter and son-in-law went to the apartment, where they found the victim dead on the bedroom floor.

After police arrived, Wisniewski could not be located. Detectives patrolled the surrounding area and found Wisniewski outside of the apartment standing in a tree line, north of the apartment unit. He was then taken into custody.

At the same time Wisniewski was found, officers received a call about someone attempting to use a fake $100  bill at a nearby Speedway gas station.

Wisniewski was suspected for attempting to use the counterfeit bill, and arrested for and preliminarily charged with felony, theft and an outstanding search warrant with the state of Florida.

The residence is currently vacant and the victim’s name has not been released.

This story will be updated.

– Jaclyn Lansbery