arts iu auditorium

IU Auditorium Releases Next Season's Show Schedule

entMillion

The IU Auditorium pulled back the curtain on its 2013-14 season schedule on Sunday, unveiling a list of crowd favorites while keeping one show top-secret.

Prominent additions to the Auditorium’s schedule include the Nashville Symphony, Ballet Hispanico, “Mamma Mia!,” Million Dollar Quartet, Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast,” the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, violinist Itzhak Perlman and “West Side Story.”

The limestone venue will also feature the international super-trio Blue Man Group and humorist David Sedaris as returning shows.

“As always, we strive to put together a selection of events as diverse and
interesting as our audiences, and we are thrilled to be able to announce this amazing list of entertainers, Tony Award-winning Broadway hits and awe-inspiring cultural dance and music,” IU Auditorium Director Doug Booher said in a press release. “We’re proud to present yet another season of the highest quality performances.”

The Auditorium is also keeping something under wraps for two weeks.

According to a press release, the Auditorium will premiere the performance of a brand new musical tour to be announced nationwide May 10.

That performance is described as a musical and theatrical collaboration,
twisting an eerie and suspenseful plot from past to future, set to an Americana soundtrack with acoustic guitars taking the place of the traditional orchestra.

The IU Auditorium will also maintain its holiday staples for next year,

billing “Dennis James Hosts Halloween” on Oct. 26, and “Chimes of Christmas” on Dec. 11.
For more information regarding shows or ticket prices, visit iuauditorium.com

— Jeff LaFave