crime & courts

Alleged robbery leads to struggle

Police are investigating a reported robbery that occurred Tuesday after a group of women allegedly entered an apartment and struggled with the occupants in an attempt to take their laptops, a cellphone and a purse.

Bloomington police officers responded to the 2800 block of West Heartwood Court at about 11:45 p.m. after receiving an initial report of a fight in an apartment, BPD Lt. Steve Kellams said.

The three occupants, two 20-year-old women and one 21-year-old woman, were sitting in their living room when four women wearing hooded sweatshirts and scarves entered through the unlocked front door, one of the victims told police. Two of the women used the scarves to conceal their faces, Kellams said.

A victim told police the four women started grabbing the occupants’ laptops. One of the suspects then tried to grab a cell phone, and a struggle ensued between the occupants and the intruding group of women.

The four women reportedly left the apartment with one laptop and one purse. One of the occupants notified police of the incident, but no suspects could be located upon BPD arrival.

Kellams said one of the occupants told police she might have recognized one of the women in the group. No suspects have yet been identified.

— Kirsten Clark