Governor-elect fills additional cabinet seats

Gov.-elect Mike Pence announced additional appointments for his administration Thursday morning at the Indiana Statehouse.     

Victor Smith has been appointed the secretary of commerce, and Eric Doden joins the cabinet as CEO of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. The two positions primarily work on economic development in Indiana.

Smith worked at Ontario Corporation for 17 years and was the president and CEO of CDS Engineering.

Doden has 15 years of management and economic development experience at Domo Ventures LLC and Ambassador Enterprises.

William VanNess is the new state health commissioner.

VanNess carries 39 years of health care experience in Indiana. He served as the president and CEO of Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison County Inc., for about 16 years.

Sean Keefer joins the administration as the commissioner of labor. Prior to his appointment, Keefer served as the chief of staff for the Indiana State Department since 2011.

Bruce Lemmon was appointed commissioner of the Department of Correction in 2011 and will continue work with Pence.  

Danny Lopez and Jackie Cissell were also named special assistants to the
governor.

These are the first officials appointed to Pence’s cabinet since Dec. 19, 2012.
“With decades of experience, the individuals appointed today are experts within their fields,” Pence said in a news release from Pence for Indiana. “This depth of knowledge will serve Hoosiers well as we work in the days ahead to make Indiana the state that works.”

Pence will be officially inaugurated Monday.