sports women's soccer

Pair of women's soccer alumni join Hoosier coaching staff

Former Indiana women’s soccer players Chloe McKay and Megan Reinhardt were named assistant coaches, Head Coach Mick Lyon announced Monday.  

“Megan and Chloe have remained close to me and the program as they developed their coaching careers so I am thrilled that they have rejoined the IU women’s soccer team,” Lyon said in a press release. “They are both extremely talented, knowledgeable about the game and full of personality, which will blend into the program very nicely.”

Reinhardt was a goalkeeper from 2005-07 and helped the Hoosiers reach the NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen in 2007, her final season.  In 2011, she served as goalkeeper coach at the University of Indianapolis.

A native of Indianapolis, Reinhardt graduated from IU in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in telecommunications.

“It is truly an honor to have the opportunity to return to my alma mater as a member of the staff,” Reinhardt said in the release. “I am looking forward to working with Coach Lyon and Coach (Chloe) McKay as we continue to build on a program already steeped in tradition. I am thrilled to be a Hoosier once again.”

Mckay, a midfielder, finished her four year career with the Hoosiers (2007-10) with 16 assists, good for third-most in program history. As a freshman on the 2007 Sweet Sixteen team,she recorded a team high six assists and was named to the SoccerBuzz Great Lakes Region All-Freshman Team.  

For her career, McKay appeared in 78 games to rank in the top 10 all-time at IU and received Academic All-Big Ten honors.

During 2011, McKay served as a student assistant coach for the Hoosiers while completing her degree as a fitness specialist with a minor in psychology.

“I would like to thank Coach Lyon for this great opportunity to continue my involvement with Indiana women’s soccer,” McKay said. “I was blessed to be a part of this program for four years as a player and now I am excited to have a chance to be able to give back to the program as part of the coaching staff.”

-- Joe Popely