IU rides momentum of record-breaking weekend

On Saturday, the IU men will try to do the same thing in their regular-season finale in West Lafayette against rival Purdue.

The men are also coming off a victory at Louisville, in which they also broke five pool records.

“What I want to see is a similar effort to what we did last week against Louisville,” sophomore Eric Ress said. “Last week was probably the most cohesive, unified group of guys I’ve seen in a dual meet or even a championship team.”

Since the diving team has already competed and only half of the divers went to Purdue — the other half went to Knoxville, Tenn. to face Tennessee and Georgia on Jan. 22 — the team will begin in a 30-8 hole. Purdue has also proven it can take down the Hoosiers, as it surprised the IU women with a victory Jan. 22.

“In order to not get swept this year by them, our men are going to have to claw their way out of being behind right from the get-go,” IU coach Ray Looze said.

Looze estimated that of the 14 remaining events, the Hoosiers need to win 10 of them.

— Alex McCarthy

More in Sports

Don't call it a comeback

Senior wide receiver J-Shun Harris II is working his way back from a third ACL tear to be a shining light to others.