sports women's basketball

Women's basketball finishes exhibition schedule vs. Indianapolis

The IU women’s basketball team has a final chance to be comfortable on the court Saturday before regular season play begins.

The Hoosiers play host to the University of Indianapolis in the team’s last exhibition game at 4 p.m. in Assembly Hall.

IU will look to improve upon its first exhibition win against Alaska-Anchorage.
In that game, IU was outrebounded and had 18 turnovers.

IU coach Felisha Legette-Jack said the continuing improvement and health of sophomore center Sasha Chaplin is crucial.

“I love seeing Sasha Chaplin being out there again,” Legette-Jack said. “A healthy Indiana women’s basketball team is a fun team to watch, and I think our future looks bright if we can keep everyone healthy.”

The Hoosiers will also look for continued success from senior forward Hope Elam, who had 15 points in the opener, including three 3-point baskets.

Saturday’s game allows yet another chance for the team’s four freshmen to get comfortable in the program and understanding what it is like to play at the next level.

Finally, IU has an opportunity to work out some more of the “nerves” from the first half of the Alaska-Anchorage game and bring the fun back to the court.

“Once they started to have fun, they were able to do some great things,” Legette-Jack said.