Professors receive recognition for 'outstanding' performance

In honor of IU’s 190th founding anniversary, President Michael McRobbie will present 16 faculty members and two doctoral students with Distinguished Teaching Awards.

Recipients will be recognized on April 16 for their “outstanding teaching, research and service to the University,” according to an IU press release.

“The passion and dedication that Indiana University faculty members bring to the classroom every day is truly remarkable,” McRobbie said in the release. “They ensure that our graduates are prepared for success in the world outside of the classroom. These awards honor our most exceptional faculty, their devotion to their students and their strong commitment to our fundamental missions of excellence in education and research.”

The professors from the Bloomington campus being honored as Distinguished Professors are Elinor Ostrom, J. Scott Long and Larry E. Humes. The award is also recognizing professors from IU-Purdue University Indianapolis, IU-Kokomo, IU-Northwest and IU-South Bend.

Dale Sengelaub, IU Bloomington professor of psychological and brain sciences, will receive the Frederick Bachman Lieber Memorial Award.

The President’s Award for Bloomington will be given posthumously to senior lecturer at the School of Journalism Beth Wood.

There are also part-time teaching awards, teaching associate awards and outstanding service awards.

Lindsey Erdody