sports women's basketball

Hoosiers, Billikens meet in St. Louis

IU v. UT-Martin Women's Basketball

The famous Gateway Arch will soon be in view for the IU women’s basketball team.

The Hoosiers will take their two-game win streak to St. Louis at 3 p.m. Sunday against the Billikens. As a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, St. Louis boasts a 3-5 record this season.

Meanwhile, the Hoosiers are coming off their most dominant performance of the campaign so far. In Wednesday’s contest against the UT-Martin Skyhawks, IU earned an 80-46 win at Assembly Hall.

IU coach Felisha Legette-Jack said despite recent success, the team has to make sure not to get complacent moving forward.

“We really enjoy wins,” Legette-Jack said, “but we are not going to get over ourselves and we are humbling in our approach.”

Junior guard Whitney Lindsay, who is coming off two straight double figure scoring performances, said she is using the team’s vigor to produce these statistics.

“Double figure numbers just mean it was my time to score,” Lindsay said. “Mainly though I am feeding off the energy of my teammates.”

Sunday’s game marks the third time this season St. Louis is facing an opponent from the Hoosier state. In its first two contests, the squads from Indiana have been superior. The Billikens fell to Butler on Dec. 21 and Evansville last Sunday by a combined 19 points.

The Hoosiers sit at 6-3 on the season, largely because captain Jori Davis’ play. The junior guard is averaging more than 18 points a game.

Davis said she takes her role as the team leader seriously and is working to help IU improve on both ends of the floor.

“I have to pick the team up to continue to play better defense and offense,” she said.