1,000 student tickets remain for next football game

If students plan to attend the Oct. 3 game against Ohio State and participate in the dedication of the North End Zone, they have to act fast.

Less than 1,000 student tickets remain and just over 5,000 reserved seats are available for Saturday’s contest, slated to kick off at 7 p.m.

“We are encouraging everybody to get their tickets in advance,” said J.D. Campbell, IU Athletics’ assistant athletic director for media relations. “If you have any plans whatsoever to come over to the game, we want you to come over and get them as soon as you can. We want everybody who wants an opportunity to go to the game to be able to get a ticket, especially our student body.”

Attendance for the last two games against Ohio State in 2003 and 2005 was 51,240 and 52,866, respectively. However, this high-revenue matchup has more to do with IU’s excitement over the program than in years past, Senior Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing Pat Kraft said.

“It’s very pro-Indiana, more so than ever before,” Kraft said. “The energy and the excitement that’s been going on with Indiana athletics is a really key part of it.”

Kraft said the fact that IU is playing the No. 9 team in the nation in Ohio State and the recent success and near-upset of Michigan last Saturday also contribute to sales.
Kraft said 350 tickets sold yesterday morning alone from the state of Indiana, with 200 of those tickets going to students.

“The atmosphere will be electric,” Kraft said. “It’s going to be an unbelievable crowd and an unbelievable game.”