Why you should care about IUSA

It’s your money. The IU Student Association is student-funded and there to provide student services along with funding and input for student events. Students should care about how that money is spent, and the students deciding how to spend that money should care what you think.\nIt’s your voice. The student government has one truly effective means to affect changes at IU — speaking out and being heard. When was the last time IU told students why they are raising tuition 10 percent or more? More importantly, when was the last time IU asked whether students thought the benefits outweighed that tuition hike? The IU trustees ultimately decide major issues like tuition, but student government should pipe up and express student opinion.\nIt’s your university. IU is filled with opportunities to become active outside the classroom. Student government should help students when they want to become involved both within the student government and with all the clubs and associations. Student government should be every IU student’s number one fan and advocate.\nStudying at IU can be the one of the best times of your life. Student government should do its best to put on events and offer extracurricular opportunities, but it should also advocate leaving students to have a good time on their terms. So please, vote March 25-26, participate, and express your opinions about the future of IU.