All About Me:

2006-2007 IUSA President Betsy Henke

An Indiana native and business major in finance, junior Betsy Henke was voted IUSA President in March 2006. Although she has "no future in politics," Henke says the job "just kind of fell into my lap." She has worked a lot with other divisions of IUSA, such as the student organization funding. Henke hopes to use her previous experience and contacts she made to make this a productive year for IUSA. \n"I'm honored for this. I'm really excited because we have a good team. People want to be involved and that's important to help cover more ground."\nFood\nWhen it comes to dining out, Henke likes what's quick and easy. Her favorite Bloomington cuisine is none other than Matt's hot dog stand on Kirkwood Avenue. Henke likes to dine on the chili cheese dogs on the weekends as a late night snack. \n"I'm a Wendy's girl. I like the 99 cents chicken nuggets and fries. I know there is a lot of great food in Bloomington; I just like what's simple and cheap."\nSports\nAlthough she doesn't play any sports at IU, Henke wakes up in the morning to catch what's on "Sports Center". \n"I have a little brother, so I had no choice but to embrace sports -- or not have a little brother." \nCollege football is her all-time favorite sport, with the exception of March Madness, "especially when the Hoosiers make it to the tournament." \nAnd on Sundays and Mondays throughout the NFL season, Henke often finds herself traveling back home to Indianapolis to join her family for Colts games with their season tickets.\nSpare time\nAside from becoming the IUSA President, Henke is involved with IU Dance Marathon as a part of the committee for corporate relationships. She helps bring in big donors and alumni to raise money that goes directly to the Riley Children's Hospital. \nBut when she isn't helping out with different groups and organizations, Henke enjoys writing in her journal. \n"Writing calms me down. I've probably done it for a few years. I just really enjoy writing."\nFor the future\nIn the future, Henke hopes to move to Chicago and go into commercial real estate and development. \nAs for the future of IUSA:\n"I'm looking forward to working with the people that have been behind us all this time and putting something to work to try to turn things around. We want to be active consistently"

More