'Hung up' on 'Confessions'

Returning once again to her roots, Madonna again surprises the world with a CD worth listening to. Flaunting the title "diva" in more ways than one, she co-writes and co-produces every single song on the album. Madge takes over the airwaves with her new single, "Hung Up." It's the first single from the album, and one of the most memorable songs you'll ever hear. Borrowing music from ABBA's "Gimme Gimme Gimme," this song will keep dancers and clubbers wanting more.\nMost of the songs on the new album are guaranteed dance hits,including, "Sorry," which is bound to be the next single. Including a sample from The Jacksons' "Can You Feel It," this is Madonna's angsty song on the album. Some lyrics include, "I don't want to hear/I don't want to know/Please don't say you're sorry." Telling from the lyrics, it's safe to say that we won't need to say we're sorry when we finish this whole album.\nThe album does take a serious twist, though, when the new track, "Isaac" plays. The lyrics claim, "Wrestle with your darkness/Angels call your name/Can you hear what they are saying?/Will you ever be the same?" and include a beautiful Jewish chant mixed with Madonna's greatest and most powerful lyrics written in a very long time. The mingling of these ingredients makes for a very thoughtful yet invigorating dish.\nAnother song that seems to have an obvious meaning is "Push," which is apparently about her husband, Guy Ritchie. It's nice to see that she doesn't thank herself for her success, but for the people that support her. Most pop artists today claim that they got to where they are because they worked themselves hard enough, but Madonna reassures that there's got to be someone driving the artists (in this case, herself) to be the best they can be.\nMadonna uses dance beats and a very disco feel to make this CD the wonder that it is. Mixing that classic dance-diva-from-the-seventies sound with the futuristic techno sound makes a perfect mix for Madonna's latest quest to take over the pop charts. Evidently, she did something right, as Confessions On A Dance Floor is soon to be a staple dance disc. Madge has got us all "Hung Up" on her.